Tuesday, 22 July 2014

Butterflies

I have been busy creating layouts (4 so far) with the papers from August's Mad Scrappers Kit (sorry can't show you yet).  One of the layouts has butterflies on it (one of my favourite things) and I thought the butterflies would make a lovely framed picture.


I had a 6x6 decoupage frame bought years ago (from Wilkinsons I think).  I die-cut five butterflies, inked the edges, added some pearls and added to some white Bazzill cardstock.  What you cannot see very well from the photograph, is that the wings aren't flat to the cardstock (I used foam tape to lift them).

I think this idea would make an easy and quick card as well.  It's not an original idea, as I have seen loads of butterfly pictures in the shops (some quite expensive), but I love the final result.  I will show the layouts I have created early next month.  Thanks for stopping by today.

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty Ann. A lovely idea to make some wall art

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ionabunny - it is very simple and easy to make. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done.. Great idea for a gift with the personal touch!

    ReplyDelete