Tuesday, 5 August 2014

Mad Scrappers Club Kit: August

This month the Mad Scrappers Club Kit consists of a 6x6 paper pad from Basic Grey called 'Grand Bazaar' and white cardstock (with a choice of coloured cardstock).


To help the ladies of the Mad Scrappers Club select their photographs for this month's kit, I sent them a 'Mood Board' (for the want of a better word) of the different colour combinations in the pack.  This is the blue colour combinations that are in the 6x6 paper pack:

I put the colours together on a sheet of white cardstock, along with a couple of photographs that I could probably use for a layout that would work with these colours.  The final decision was made and this is what I did with the chosen papers from the pack:

I decided on a photograph of my Grandson (taken in 2005) and used a Hexagon Die to create the shapes on the layout.  The title is made from a pack of Basic Grey 'Grand Bazaar' chipboard die-cut letters

This is the first (of four) layouts I created using the 6x6 paper pad.  Just one idea on using 6x6 papers on 12x12 layouts.  I will show the remainder over the course of this week.  Thanks for stopping by today.

9 comments:

  1. A lovely layout. This pad of papers is going to be very versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate. I hope that I can give you more inspiration on how you can use the 6x6 paper pad as the week goes on. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann, this is a bit of a revelation. I always think you have to use a patterned background and then try and get lots of things to match. Love the plain white and the hexagon design. Very striking. You might convert me yet. Love Basic Grey and this pad is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah ionabunny! A convert in the making. I think a lot of people fall into that trap of thinking they have to use patterned papers as backgrounds. I have done loads of layouts with plain white backgrounds and they are some of my favourites. Wait and see what I have done on tomorrow's layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to this challenge. Really like the hexagon design it looks very striking. Roll on next week to get started

    ReplyDelete
  6. I struggle using patterned papers on layout, need to play with grid layouts a bit more to get more photos on layouts, 6x6 great for this too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beryl - Looking forward to next week too - seems ages since I have seen some of our club members. x

    Krafty Katt - you could use these hexagon shapes to add more photographs to your layouts. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually prefer plain backgrounds and add patterned papers as matts, as strips or as die cut shapes. I think I prefer a less busy layout these days, plus it makes those gorgeous patterned papers go a bit further.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's my style as well Kate but I try different things for the sake of the club members (what a sacrifice!) lol. x

    ReplyDelete