Sunday, 7 September 2014

Family Memories

This month the Mad Scrappers will be creating with a Simple Stories 'Legacy' 12x12 Simple Basics Kit, 4x6 Vertical Journaling Card Elements, 2x12 Border & 4x12 Title Strip Elements and coordinating cardstock.

This is the first layout I created (a scraplift from the Simple Stories 'Legacy Simple Inspiration eBook').  I used a different background paper and changed some of the elements slightly to make the layout work with my photograph.


The photograph is of DH's Grandmothers, Harriet and Mary, who are (sadly) no longer with us.  I decided to use this photograph so that they would not be forgotten by my daughters and to show my grandchildren their relatives (whom they have never met).

There is a lovely selection of double-sided papers in the basics kit.  I also used the Fundamentals Cardstock Stickers (extra to kit), along with the Journaling, Border and Title Strip Elements (from the kit), to create this layout.

I have used a more modern photograph in my next layout to show how versatile this kit is.  Pop back tomorrow to see that layout.  Thanks for stopping by today.  Please leave a comment so that I know you have passed by this way.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely layout Ann. What a great way to get the younger generation interested in their family history.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Disco Queen. I showed this layout to my Grandson and he was interested in who they were and how he was related. Unfortunately, I don't have many photographs of this type in my possession. I think that's why I love scrapbooking so much, as I have always been interested in social and family history and this is a way of recording that history while it happens. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ann, this is a lovely keepsake and a gorgeous LO. I really like the big sentiment. Very striking. Is that a sticker?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Picture works really well with the colours if the kit, what better way to show your creativity and make sure the younger generation get to find out more about their families

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this....cannot wait to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone.

    Ionabunny: the sentiment is from one of 4x6 Journal Card Elements papers.

    Krafty Katt: I was lucky with the photo colours, but I could have copied it and printed it out black and white if it didn't match.

    ReplyDelete