Monday, 22 September 2014

Mexico

This is my entry into the Prima BAP sketch challenge using the sketch designed by Keren Tamir.  Details on how to enter on the Prima Blog HERE.



I used Prima 'Cigar Box' patterned papers for this layout.  I distressed the edges, inked through a template and used some Glitter Frosting Paste in Copper on the background papers before adding my layers for the photograph.

To tie in with the photograph (of a Mayan Ball Game in Mexico), I used some DCWV Burlap behind the photograph mat as well as adding some cork (for my subtitle: Vacation).  The flowers are from the Prima 'Time Traveler' range.  Other bits and pieces are from my own stash.

I enjoyed working with this sketch, why not give it a go!  Thanks for stopping by today.

6 comments:

  1. This is lovely. I like how you used the patterned papers to deal with some of the sketch details. Very interesting without being too fussy. Great colours. Good luck. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. BUY TOGETHER & SAVE

    Just popped a 'Buy together & Save' offer on the website on the fab Prima 'Cigar Box Secrets' Paper Collection and coordinating 'Say it in Crystals' - Now only £6.00!

    http://www.thescrapbookgarden.co.uk/prima-cigar-secrets-paper-collection-p-3329.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely layout frosting looks really good must try that technique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all your lovely comments. x

    ReplyDelete