Wednesday, 3 September 2014

Scrapbook Challenge: Sample Layout

I set the monthly scrapbook challenge to motivate and inspire scrappers to create (as well as getting 10 extra entries into the blog candy draw) and I couldn't do that if I didn't get involved myself.  This month's theme is 'weddings' and the sketch is from Susan Stringfellow at SketchSavvy.BlogSpot.com

Here is my take on this month's challenge:


I chose patterned papers from Kaisercraft Be-YOU-tiful range for this layout of my eldest Granddaughter. 

I used 1 photograph and instead of 2 smaller photo's used the flowers on the patterned paper to fill that space.  I added butterflies (instead of hearts),  embossed them and added faux stitching across their bodies.  I added a journal card (cut in half) behind the photograph.  I added some bling in the form of the Prima title (Beauty) and with some pale gold glitter on the large flowers and butterflies.  Glitter is definitely not something I usually use (for obvious reasons: it gets EVERYWHERE!) but I wanted to add some bling to the page and it fitted the bill.

I would love to see your interpretation of this sketch.  The scrapbook challenge is open until 30th September, so plenty of time.  I will be back tomorrow with some photo's of Saturday's Scrapbook Day, so see you then.

8 comments:

  1. I do like the page lots, but.. Where's the journaling? 🙈🙉🙊

    ReplyDelete
  2. I add the journaling afterwards (that's why I've added the card ready).x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just teasing! I really do love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know Krafty Katt!!! lol x

    Thanks everyone for the lovely comments. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layout Ann the colours are so summery

    ReplyDelete