Thursday, 20 November 2014

Art Journaling with Kaisercraft

Over on the Kaisercraft Blog, Naomi has been showing how to create an Art Journal.  I've always fancied making one of these.  Full details on their blog HERE.

Just a few things you will need:

A sturdy A4 Journal (Kraft) from Kaisercraft (or something similar).

A pot of Gel Medium (or Gesso - same thing). 

Add some images, paints - using stencils etc. and you have the start of something fab:

 
Here's the finished page - just needs a quote!
 
Have you tried 'Art Journaling' yet?  Would you like to?  Leave a comment to let me know.  Thanks for stopping by today.

7 comments:

  1. I've tried my hand at this and it's just kinda a play book, fun to try different medium though

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quite like the idea of creating little mini works of art (or a mess in my case probably!). x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My AJing consists of an odd page here and there. Great to try techniques but I do like to have a purpose to the finished project and I'm not one for scribbling. Probably why I have a problem scrapping. Never know what to do with those full size LO's. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear ionabunny! There are loads of reasons to scrap. Personally I like to capture the family memories (for after I've gone). I think it's because I have 1 baby photograph of myself and 1 of when I was about 12. I'd love to have loads of family snaps to scrap - that sounds like heaven to me. I have loads of layouts and I have started making albums for individual family members to give them on a special birthday e.g. 18th, 21st, 40th etc. I must admit I feel the same way(as you do) about making cards. Each to their own eh! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, whats wrong with making a mess? LOL Ann, my sister is big on photo's. Me not so much. Your idea of making albums for the family is brilliant. I must admit it would be nice to get some photo's of my nan while she is still around. She's 91. I have so few photo's of my grandad and my grandparents on my dad's side. Food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take those photographs ionabunny - memories fade without them. x

    ReplyDelete