Sunday, 30 November 2014

Christmas Shopping

It was our annual Christmas shopping jaunt yesterday (2 Daughters and eldest Granddaughter this year).  The past couple of years we have gone to York, leaving ridiculously early in the morning to get there for when the shops open.  This year (partly due to me not booking the rail tickets early enough to get the cheap deals), we decided to stay local and shop in Newcastle.


Fenwicks of Newcastle is renowned for its Christmas window displays and this year features 'Alice in Wonderland'.  I caught a brief glimpse over the top of shoppers heads when I passed (photograph courtesy of Chronicle Live).

We had 3 refreshment stops (for much need tea/coffee/snacks) and finished off the day with a trip to a local eatery for our tea (which was really lovely).

After 8 hours of traipsing the length and breadth of Northumberland Street, surrounding areas and Eldon Square we eventually headed home.  I came back with the huge haul of.....3 gifts!  Good job I'm not a last minute shopper eh!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you're brave Newcastle on a Saturday, 3 is better than none, baby steps! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Krafty Katt - it was really busy but at least the shopping trip gave me some more ideas. That's how I shop - I few things at a time but I'm not usually out that long. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds very successful to me. A few presents bought and plenty tea and cake in between. Perfect. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. True ionabunny. I've been out again today and bought another 2 gifts - so chipping away at the list. x

    ReplyDelete